03 June 2013
The i.roc Ci70-Ex is now shipping throughout the UK with ATEX and IECEx certification. This intrinsically safe handheld has an Windows Embedded 6.5.3 operating system based on the Intermec CN70e platform and is certified not only for ATEX and IEC zones 1/21.
With its unique modular head concept, the PDA can be equipped with a range of heads, from barcode scanners to RFID in low, high and ultra-high frequencies.
The future-proof Ci70-Ex is able to grow with the customersâ€™ needs as retro-fitting is entirely possible allowing the user to change the scanner from 1D barcode to RFID scanner if desired.
Along with the all important WLAN standards (802.11 a/b/g/n), the i.roc Ci70-Ex offers a UMTS module for the first time in mobile computers certified for zone 1 areas. An internet connection is now also possible without previously required WLAN infrastructure making the i.roc Ci70-Ex one of the most flexible handhelds available.
For more information on the i.roc Ci70-Ex, including further press releases, white papers and videos please visit www.iroc-ci70.com or call ecom instruments UK on 01642 465 400.
- Choose ESI technology for your hazardous mining applications
- Fire protected hazardous area stainless steel electrical enclosures
- New ATEX-approved RTD slidewire transmitter from Status Instruments
- Turner EPS: The name for explosion protection systems in hazardous areas
- Intrinsically safe galvanic isolators from Exloc
Most Viewed Articles…
- New BSI standard encourages facilities maintenance professionals to mitigate risk
- UK Horizon nuclear project moves forward
- Estimates for UK shale gas reserves increase significantly
- Survey shows North Sea recruitment situation remains difficult
- Maine fire could be latest in pig barn explosion epidemic