New industrial vacuum supports risk management strategies to protect manufacturing plants from dust explosions
Nilfisk CFM has introduced its VHT37 EXP – a continuous-duty vacuum ideal for the safe collection of explosive dust in general cleaning and process-integrated applications. The VHT37 EXP is CSA-certified for use in Class I, Group D and Class II, Groups F and G hazardous environments.
The VHT37 EXP vacuum employs an efficient three-phase motor and boasts a standard 26-gallon collection container, making the unit well suited for high-volume tasks. It comes equipped with an external filter shaker for operators to easily agitate the main filter to prevent premature clogging, the key to extending the lifespan of the vacuum’s motor. The VHT37 EXP can be fitted with a polyliner adapter kit for the safe disposal of collected material. This unit has a user-friendly design that allows maintenance staff to easily replace filters so the vacuum keeps running at peak performance levels.
Additional features include:
- 5-HP regenerative blower with a TEFC induction motor that has few moving parts, requires less maintenance and has a longer service life;
- Antistatic polyester star-shaped main filter to prevent premature clogging;
- Upstream HEPA filtration to ensure 99.995% of particles are retained, down to and including 0.18 microns;
- Removable, wheeled collection container for easy disposal and emptying of collected materials; and
- 304 stainless steel filter chamber and collection container to reduce the risk of static and percussion arcing.
For more information on combustible dust preventative maintenance, visit www.explosionproof-vacuum.com.
About Nilfisk Industrial Vacuum Division
Nilfisk Industrial Vacuums, a division of Nilfisk-Advance, Inc., is one of the largest providers of cleaning equipment in North America. From its Morgantown, Pa., headquarters, Nilfisk Industrial Vacuums supports three brands of industrial vacuum cleaners—Nilfisk, Nilfisk CFM and Nilfisk ALTO—all equipped with exceptionally efficient filtration systems and user-friendly features. Its vacuums play a critical role in thousands of manufacturing facilities and industrial processes across North America. Nilfisk Industrial Vacuum’s direct sales force and extensive dealer network solve a variety of cleaning challenges, including combustible dust, general maintenance, overhead cleaning, abatement, process integration, laboratory and cleanroom contamination control, and more. For more information, visit www.nilfiskindustrialvacuums.com.