Maxim Integrated Products Inc. has developed a digital ambient-light and infrared proximity sensor that detects light like a human eye.
Designed using the company’s proprietary BiCMOS technology, the MAX44000 integrates three optical sensors, two A/D converters, and digital functionality into a tiny 2mm x 2mm x 0.6mm package.
The MAX44000 consumes low power: 5µA when the ambient sensor is enabled, and 7µA when both the proximity sensor and ambient light sensor are activated. This low-power usage extends battery life. The MAX44000 is aimed at touch-screen applications, including smartphones, portable devices, industrial sensors, and presence detection.
- Tiny, 2mm x 2mm x 0.6mm UTDFN-Opto Package
- VDD = 1.7V to 3.6V
- Low-Power Operation
- 5µA in Ambient Mode
- 7µA in Proximity Mode
- 70µA in Ambient Plus Proximity Mode, Including 100mA LED Current
- Excellent Light-Source Matching
- Programmable Green and IR Channel Gains
- Integrated Single-Pulse IR LED Driver
- 10mA to 110mA Programmable Range
- Internal Ambient Cancellation
- -40°C to +105°C Temperature Range
Pricing: Starts at $1.65 (1000-up, FOB USA).
Datasheet: Click here.