Press release date: April 29, 2013
Is there a difference between “Portable Vacuum Cleaners” and “Stationary” centralized installations for dust collectors? The answer is YES
1. Portable Vacuum Cleaners are referred to as “Cord Connected”. This means that the vacuum cleaners or dust collectors are on wheels and can be moved from one location to another. The electrical male/female connection is made by the operator of this type of equipment. The NRTL certification confirms that the unit has been built with certified components.
2. The Stationary Centralized Installation is achieved by assembling different pieces together such as: Blowers, Cyclones, Primary Filtration, Secondary Filtration, Hard Piping installations, etc. All of this components are connected together to form one unit. Depending on the risk assessment of the hazardous location, this centralized system can be certified either for Class II, Division 1 or Division 2, Groups E, F and G. If this type of centralized system is needed, it is usually for housekeeping in large facilities and is normally for the recovery of large quantities of combustible dusts. The NRTL certification of the unit, called a field inspection in this case, will be performed on the unit, at the customer’s premises, after the final installation has taken place.
As per OSHA’s Hazard Alert: Combustible Dust Explosions “Combustible dusts are fine particles that present an explosion hazard when suspended in air in certain conditions. A dust explosion can be catastrophic and cause employee deaths, injuries, and destruction of entire buildings. In many combustible dust accidents, employers and employees were unaware that a hazard even existed. It is important to determine if your company has this hazard, and if you do, you must take action now to prevent tragic consequences.”
At Tiger-Vac we believe that Safety has no Compromise. This is why we offer legally certified explosion proof/dust ignition proof vacuum cleaners for use in Class I, II and III, Division 1 and Division 2, Groups D, E, F and G. All of our Haz-Loc Portable Vacuum Cleaners bare International Certifications for North America and Europe such as:
• NRTL: Division 1 and Division 2 – All Classes, All Groups – North America
• IECEx, EPL Da, Db and Dc – International
• ATEX Category 1, 2 and 3 G/D – Europe
For further information please visit our website located at www.tiger-vac.com or by telephone at 1-800-668-4437 our sales team will be please to answer any questions you may have.
Tiger-Vac Inc. is a proud member of the Haz-Loc Portable
Vacuum Cleaner Organization (PVCO) http://www.hazloc-pvco.com/